Wednesday, September 28, 2011

TWO WEEK CHECK UP

I'm gonna keep track of her growth record... mostly just for us:)

When the Doctor came in to weigh her, He was explaning to me that by this point we want to have her near or at her birth weight which was 6 12
Put the naked baby on the scale and....... 7 lbs 13 oz!
With what she had lost after birth she gained a whopping 22 oz in two weeks! The Doctor just laughed out loud and said she was fine in the gaining weight department! I guess my mom was right when she said I have cream for milk!

Weight : 7 lbs 13oz ( 29%)
Height : 21 1/4 (79%)  ( grown 2 inches )
Head : 14" (34%)

all in all it made me happy that I'm not starving my little girl. I am however already excited for when I can start to get her on a schedule. Sleeping and eating at normal times durning the day and night :)

SO MOMS AND DADS...

When did you start putting your little one on a schedule of sleeping and what not? Was there a certain book you liked? and if you feel so inclined to let me know how you did it I would LOVE to hear!

9 comments:

  1. I have a book that helped me. Called Babywise. I am coming down to St. George on Oct 7 through Oct 16. If you like I can bring it then and you can borrow it. Only catch is. I GET TO HOLD OLIVIA! Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the chunky babies! She is growing so fast! I seriously love that she gained all her weight and then some. Can you share some of Olivia's inches with my kids?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 weeks! for me. My mom says thats a good time to try and get them to sleep through the night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive weight gain!! You must be doing a great job feeding :) I haven't tried enforcing a schedule yet cuz for a while she was doing really well on her own, but if she doesn't start sleeping good again soon I might give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on keeping her fed! she is just beautiful!

    We started doing a "routine" with Owen at 6 weeks and June at 3. We did The Baby Whisperer routine with Owen but with June we did Babywise. See what she responds to and go with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used Babywise and Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. Although the latter doesn't say too much about newborns. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is funny to me to see that there are books about this. I just watched what she naturally wanted to do and went with it. Katrina was in bed by 5:30 or 6 pm and up at 5 the next morning (with a few feedings in there of course) Amanda was a 7 pm bedtime baby and Lizzy about killed me because she was a 9-10 baby. Read the books and see what she naturally does and go with it. You will be a GREAT mom no matter what routine you use!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh we didn't start any sleep training with Levi until he was 4 months old...but we did try to keep him on a sleep eat play schedule pretty early. I loved the book baby whisperer and also happiest baby on the block.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started at about a week, I would try to make my girls wait at least 2 hrs between feedings and if possible three. Also, I would take them out at about five or six at night, to the grocery store, or on a walk, anything to keep the awake and kind of alert. That seemed to help them sleep better at night.

    ReplyDelete