Wednesday, September 8, 2010

CROQUET....



Indulge me for a moment as I take a little stroll down memorie lane.
Almost every sunday my family and I would play a little rousing game of Croquet.
Mother would get mad that this was not a sunday activity, thus causing us to turn it into scripture Croquet to appease the Lady.
The game would usually go something like this.

all start at the beginning equal in winningness.
Kensi and Nick pulling ahead and beign greatness.
jessica hitting or "scooting" the ball while no one was looking... or looking it didnt matter.
jessica "scooting" the ball through the hole.
Kensi or Nick getting posion and kicking everyones butts.


When i got home today. The usuall happened, josh did homework and i.... i looked at the wall. that is until josh got done and surprised me with a little worn down croquet set he found in the back shed. We walked up to Maverik and got some bubble gum suckers then started or game!

It was so much fun. Just like old times. Only no bree clear in the back and randomly up at the front with us winners( cheater ). Just like old times..... i KICKED josh's but. I won twice:)

4 comments:

  1. Somehow I am feeling not so loved anymore! I laughed so hard at the description of the game cause I can totally picture it in my mind. Especially Jessica scooting the ball every where. Such fun times growing up. Glad you and Josh get to carry on in the tradition. Maybe I should pull out my croquet set and play with my family. Miss you tons and love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a surprisingly accurate description except for the fact that I (Nick)usually won. We just might have to have a championship round to see if you can challenge me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if your not cheating your not trying

    ReplyDelete