Thursday, March 10, 2011

3 MONTHS


I cant believe that i'm 3 months along already! Its getting to the point that i'm actually starting to get excited to be a Mom instead of being terrified of whats coming:)

Things that are happining so far....


I'm starting to get feeling better...( hopefully no more throwing up)

This week I have started to feel more energy than I have in a long time:)

I unbutton my pants now... not cause they dont fit... it just feels better.

Josh has been an AMAZING husband and so willing to take care of me.

We have seen our baby and heard the heart beat twice.

I think its a girl, her heart beat is fast. (higher on the chart of what it could be.)

Um.... i'm kinda gasey:)

I will be 14 weeks on Friday.


I have had a really hard time coming to terms with being pregnant. Josh and I wernt planning on starting our family until later this year. I know its not that much of a difference other than it got josh through a whole year of school with out having to get a job and provide for a family. So when we found out I just cried and cried. Josh was extreamly happy :) I knew i loved him! Then after that I started to get sick and developed a pretty crappy attitude about having a baby. My body was tired, I was sick of throwing up and everywhere I read it was about you will glow when your pregnant... blah blah blah. I did not feel pretty with my clothes getting tighter. I have

NEVER

EVER

EVER

Gotten zits before and I was breaking out. WHAT THE CRAP.


Amazingly enough I was looking online and one of the " baby bump " celebs talked about how pregnancy wasnt a time about feeling sexy or pretty, it was a maternal time. A time us girls get to do something TRULY amazing. Our bodies are going to go to pots, but we need to focus on what were doing. :) Also, a few friends blogs helped too:)

Needless to say who would have thought it would have been a dumb celeb ( thank you jessica alba) who would have made me feel dumb for thinking so much about myself and what {I} was going through.


Now.... I cant stop thinking how excited I am to hold my sweet baby and get the chance to be the best mom that I can. Who would have thought that this chance would GET to come so soon for Josh and I.


here is a picture of me at three months. {DONT LAUGH} Its hard to take a picture of yourself with a point and shoot camera. also we dont have any mirrors that are that low other than our messy extra room.




{here is josh showing off our new surprise!}



12 comments:

  1. Keep the baby bump pics coming!!! I'm so excited for you kens!!! Pregnancy is really hard, but I PROMISE once you feel that little baby wiggle and wriggle inside of you, you're going to be in LOVE!!! Not that you aren't now it just makes it seem more real!!!

    Now is a time not to stress. I know that easier said than done with everything that has to be done along with the everyday things of life like work and school. Stress can be an added increase to the postpartum depression. Believe me I'm speaking from experience PPD is awful and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

    You're going to be a darling little mama, and I can't wait to see and HOLD one day when we're all reunited again your little babe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's aweful you've been so sick! I remember how tired I was the first few months and could barely keep my eyes open. It was hard! I didn't get sick like you but I know it can be hard. The thing you need to focus on is that baby you will have in your arms. seriously, I had NO idea how wonderful it could be. I was focusing on the hard things and how scary it would be to be responsible for a baby, but honestly you instantly get over all of the things you're scared of once you see your baby!
    I agree with maggie, once you feel that baby inside it's amazing! You will be so in love. It's fun.

    The one thing I would recommend for you right now is to ENJOY your marraige and go on lots of dates! A baby will change it all and you won't have "alone" time, so enjoy it and don't worry over things. It will all work out for you and you'll be an amazing mom! If I can do it so can you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable! And so does Josh...kindof! I am so excited for you guys and know that you will be amazing parents. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!! Your picture looks a lot like your mother!! You look great. Hang in there....I promise the prize is worth it (and mine is only 2 months old). Sleep deprivation doesn't hurt anybody and sweet little smiles take away all the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think its a boy and I think im going to write a poem for your new baby...
    little baby to be lukes friend, boy or girl it doesnt really matter in the end . your swimming in my sisters belly, soon you will eat peanut butter and jelly. ill be your favorite aunt lots of others will try to claim the title but they CANT. get hear soon you big baboon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess promise me you'll write a poem about my someday-to-be-born baby???

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.s. Thanks for updating us Kens! I love reading (would be a stalker but you don't post enough) about your life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kensi,
    Don't give up. It's gonna be sooo worth it in six more months, and really.... josh doesn't mind working to support a family! It's his job, and he'll love it!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited you guys are expecting. The beginning is always rough, way to hang in there, and I love your attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kens, even though we were trying to get pregnant, I've still struggled. I just think that it's kinda hard to be super happy and excited and "glow" when all you want to do it puke and cry. I'm finally getting past that point though and getting excited. Once you're past the first three months, it definitely gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Congrats! Super exicting! I know that you guys will be awesome parents. I am so happy for you. congrats.

    ReplyDelete