Sunday, April 27, 2008

CAMPING IN OAK GROVE


The name of this palce was very misleading. When you hear the name Oak Grove does it not lead you to believe you will be camping in..... oh maybe... a grove of oaks? The whole way up to the camp site i kept asking josh where the oak grove was. He would then tell me to be patient it was coming up. Along the way i would see a little cluster of them off in the distance (that was only once) but for the most part it was bushes and desert trees/bigger bushes. Me and Josh rode up in his VW bus AKA his bedroom/kitchen/entertainment/anything you could think of room!!! It was a lot of fun bouncing our way up. About two minutes before we get to the campsite (mind you we had no idea how far it was then) the bus broke and axel (or so i think). The rode was only big enough for one car and we were broke down in the middle. So of course a car that was no where in site before comes along behind us....... then a big truck with a trailor! We made them back down the hill until we found a spot where we could pull over. Josh amazingly made the bus run with two bolts instead of the 8 it needed and we made it to the CAMP OUT!!!!


With lots of the family there we had very good food, lots of fun, several cars that needed fixing after, warm places to sleep, and memories that will touch our hearts for years to come. I can still feel the warmth in my heart to this very night. ;)




Thanks Chris and Jessica for getting everyone together for this fun night! And yes this is Emma flipping everyone off!

6 comments:

  1. Kensi I had no idea about Josh's van! Tyson and I love his van espcially his horn! We should do that again. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Dad was telling me all about Josh's van. He seemed pretty impressed by it. We are so excited to be a part of this in the next week or two. Cute pictures of everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH FUN! I WANT TO GO CAMPING! THAT LOOKS LIFE FUN! 4 more weeks and Iwill!haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey that looks so fun! Haha, I love that bus! I love the picture of uncle Theron ahaha!

    P.s. I don't know how to take off the word verification...

    P.s.s. Seeing that picture of Emma, I'm now going to post a similar pic of one of my students haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure wish I could do that again before we leave.... alas i must embark on my own summer without the fam... sniff... sniff I shall dearly miss it... oh and i love the pics they look real good. especially my disgusting ones, its like looking at road kill... i cant help it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kensi! hey girl its tomi. Long time no see! its been forever! im so glad i found your blog now we can keep in touch. That camping weekend sounds like it was way fun. I love camping to we should all get together and go sometime! but you need to add me and i will add you! its good to see how your doing. talk to ya later.

    tdurham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete