Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Fathers Day, Dad!

Hey Dad:)

I thought that today, because I don't get to see you, I would write you a psotl and tell you that I hope you have a WONDERFUL Fathers Day!

You are the best Dad in the whole wide world. You have taught me so many things and done so many things that I know I want to pass on to my family.
(Here are just some.)

I want to be the one who takes my kids on one on one trip to disneyland!
I want to make talking about the gospel fun, so they want to stay up talking to me about it.
I want to be the one who when they rip the antana off the car, I just smile and give them a hug.
I want them to love being in the kitchen cooking with me and be amazed when I make the bread water bubble:)
I want to greet them with a smile, hug, and a kiss EVERY time I see them.
I want to tell them they are beautiful and make them feel as special as you make me feel.
I want to stay outside on the porch with them and talk about anything and everything until the sun goes down.

You are such a great dad. You make people feel like they are so special to you. I still to this day swear I am you favorite daughter! Sometimes you tell dumb jokes and we only laugh because your laughing so hard! You always taught us everything about the gospel, but the biggest impact on me was that you lived the gospel. I always have and always will love talking to you. I love the way you always treated our mother with love and respect, and made sure we did too:) Always held her hand and showed us that you loved her. It made me feel loved to see you treat her that way.

Thanks for being the best Father to all 8 kids! And more important, thanks for being one of my best friends, someone who makes me laugh when I cry, and the Man and Father that I love:) You truly are the best Dad in the whole wide world!

1 comment:

  1. Haha the car antenna. It's so true though, your dad makes everyone feel special. Pretty sure I'm the favorite neice :)

    ReplyDelete